Friday, May 27, 2011

My First 15mm Post War T34/85 Casting

Wow, another month gone, and not much accomplished.  One of the few things that I did get done was the first casting of one of my post war T34/85s.  I just finished it in basic Soviet green and gave it a coat of dust. I need to go back and dress it up a little, but here's a pic as it sets right now.


To be honest, I'm not altogether happy with it.  I made some of the track/suspension detail too light, and I can hardly find it in the castings. Additionally, the track is thicker than I like.  I have a habit of making track too thin with respect to casting.  The thin track yields more bad castings than thicker tracks.  While the thickness here is comparable too, and yet still thinner than some of the metal castings that are out there.  I should have gone one or two hundreds of an inch thinner. Oh well, coulda, woulda, shoulda. Here's another pic of it.



Should get into full swing casting them next week.  I should have pics of the first ERC-90 next week as well.  It is complete and molds made, just haven't had time to cast them yet.

1 comment: