Back in January, when I wrote my original "Roll Call" post, I knew that it would take awhile to finish my infantry project, but I still didn't understand the scope of what I had gotten myself into. As it turned out, instead of needing 200-300 figs to round out the various units, I would need five times that. In a year burdened by health issues and a crazy work schedule, progress has been slow.
It started out with this:
There were 38 cardboard trays with 3757 figs waiting for attention. Since then I've added (as near as I can figure) 631 more infantry on about 8 more trays. The figs took over my main gaming and work table in addition to my normal painting space, and basically brought a halt to any other gaming activity.
I've been squeezing in painting sessions whenever I can, but like I said above, there have been some prolonged and frequent interruptions. My typical painting session only lasts 10-15 minutes, and I've only had a few days when I could work as long as an hour.
Yesterday I painted my 1100th figure of the year and put away the 40th tray of figs. I need to add about a hundred more figs, but am down to six trays (with only about 100 of 300 figs needing paint), and got my big table back yesterday.
The project isn't done yet, but finally, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Musings on running con games
3 hours ago